PDA

View Full Version : Vigna Abstract

Judy Howle
08-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I made the photo with my iPhone and edited it with Snapseed and PhotoForge 2 PopCam using the kaleidoscope camera preset. I opened it in Artista Haiku for Desktop and haiku-ed it. Then I thought I'd have more fun, although that was a lot already :bg3: so I used Topaz Adjust with linear burn blend mode to make the colors pop. Probably impossible to guess what it is although there is a clue in the name.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Grapes or Christmas lights:S3:. Very eye-catching Judy.

Cheryl Slechta
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Judy, this is very cool. At first I saw a very small child's face in the upper left side and then I started seeing Edvard Munch screaming heads, then skulls and then GEESE! And then walnut halves and then Christmas bulbs. And it looks like an artist's palette as well as batik. An amazing transformation. P.S. I need to get Artista Haiku - thanks for reminding me:S3:

Nancy Bell
08-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I think it's a screaming crowd of people waiting for TSA at the airport :tinysmile_shy_t:! Cheryl, I must see those same screaming heads that you do! I looked up vigna, but I won't tell what it is. This is a fabulous abstract. I do like the center star that holds it together as the shapes rush to the edges.

Judy Howle
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Grapes or Christmas lights:S3:. Very eye-catching Judy. Thanks Jackie! Nope, not close.

Judy Howle
08-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks for looking closely and seeing so many different things!

Judy, this is very cool. At first I saw a very small child's face in the upper left side and then I started seeing Edvard Munch screaming heads, then skulls and then GEESE! And then walnut halves and then Christmas bulbs. And it looks like an artist's palette as well as batik. An amazing transformation. P.S. I need to get Artista Haiku - thanks for reminding me:S3:

Judy Howle
08-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks Nancy! I will reveal all later... yes vigna is part of the scientific name.

I think it's a screaming crowd of people waiting for TSA at the airport :tinysmile_shy_t:! Cheryl, I must see those same screaming heads that you do! I looked up vigna, but I won't tell what it is. This is a fabulous abstract. I do like the center star that holds it together as the shapes rush to the edges.

Judy Howle
08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Hmm, not many guesses. I will reveal the original. Pinkeye purple hull peas photographed with my iPhone. I got a bushel already shelled and put them in the freezer Saturday. They are the "premier variety" of cowpeas, similar to black-eyed peas but much better tasting. This shot is unedited and has a bad yellow cast.

gary ellwein
08-06-2013, 11:54 PM
An amazing transformation. I also looked up Vigna. Another opportunity to learn, sponsored by OOTB.

Judy Howle
08-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Good for you Gary! Thanks!

Cheryl Slechta
08-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi, Judy, well, one of those peas looks like a little girl's face:S3: I love all of those varieties of peas - we've got white acre and pinkeyes here right now.

Judy Howle
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I love peas too, my favorite veggie. I used to grow them when we lived in the country, the "Mississippi pinkeye purple hull" variety. I also like Crowder peas. I like white acre but have only eaten them canned. Never saw any fresh ones for sale.

Nancy Bell
08-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Peas! How imaginative! BTW, I am not familiar with peas of this type. I only know the Jolly Green Giant kind! It looks like I am missing something good.

Judy Howle
08-08-2013, 08:14 AM
You should try them sometime, if they have them in CO, canned or frozen. I'm not crazy about canned blackeyed peas which are the ones commonly canned, but they can be used in salsa type mixture that is delish.

Peas! How imaginative! BTW, I am not familiar with peas of this type. I only know the Jolly Green Giant kind! It looks like I am missing something good.