08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Canon 5D
Canon 500 f.4
f11
1/4000
iso 2000

Bill Jobes
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
This is a very nice image of a bird on a mission ! The colors are beautiful; the subject is sharp and nicely lit.

But with the cluttered BG, I wonder if you have an images where the bird was in the clear, farther out on the log.

That pool reflection without the background distractions would be fabulous !

I offer that observation gently, as I know its impossible to script the photo/story of Nature. This may well have been your best opportunity to capture the beautiful bird.

Miguel Palaviccini
08-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Giovanni,

Wonderful light. If they are anything like the bitterns here in the US (least and american), this is pretty awesome to get him out in the open!

As Bill mentioned, this shot would have been over the top without the shoots directly behind the bird. Either way, I think you made an excellent capture with what was given. That reflection is a huge plus! Any chance he walked a bit further down the log and you had a chance to recompose and take another shot?

Miguel

Shawn Zierman
08-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Excellent light quality. Exposure work is spot on. Sharpness and details are perfect.Reflection is very nice too. Any issue that I thought of to address was covered nicely in the previous two comments...

Giovanni Frescura
08-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Excellent light quality. Exposure work is spot on. Sharpness and details are perfect.Reflection is very nice too. Any issue that I thought of to address was covered nicely in the previous two comments...

Off course what you wrote is right...but the bird no went more and also other shoots are in similar situation as BG
Thanks

Frank Schauf
08-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Very nice pose and reflection.

Girish Prahalad
08-06-2013, 08:11 AM
excellent comp. love the scale of the subject in the frame & the setting.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
08-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Great light , reflection and comp. All together a nice story telling image with great environment

Robert Holguin
08-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Wonderful image.
I personally like the vegetation in the background it shows their environment.
Excellent reflection, nice light, and terrific comp.
Very well done.

Satish Ranadive
08-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Excellent image of Bittern in habitat. Love the reflection,colors and composition.
Have you tried vertical composition?.

Regards,
Satish.