PDA

View Full Version : Magic Light

Kerry Perkins
08-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I just got back from a mini-vacation in the mountains, so I finally have some new images to work with!

I used Nik and Topaz filters on this one. From Nik - Tonal Contrast and Bi-Color User Defined; from Topaz - Simplify.

Hazel Grant
08-03-2013, 08:49 AM
You picked a great spot to shoot. the left tree bending in guides the eye into the scene. That tiny bit of blue in the right side gives depth, guiding the eye outward. I like this one.

Nancy Bell
08-03-2013, 09:23 AM
This is lovely. The lighting is indeed special and the shadows on the ground and the trees lead you gently back into the woods.

Diane Miller
08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I love forest scenes like this and the balance of filters was a great touch here, providing wonderful light. I love the bush in the FG providing a starting point that leads the eye into the scene.

Judy Howle
08-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Very nice warm light. I like the composition and the trees have nice texture in the bark. Simplify was a great choice for the painterly look.

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Kerr, the lighting is beautiful and the path although it's subtle really makes you want to wander through the image. There is a square brown object directly above the "h" in Photography (right beside the thin tree trunk about half way up) that I think I would evict if you were going to print it. It looks like a spot I'd love to visit.:S3:

Mitch Carucci
08-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Magic light indeed! Love the color, but the patches of light pull the eye right into the photo. Great composition (often difficult in forest setting). The greens look like early spring green. Very pleasing.

p.s. About 30 years ago, Kodak put out a bad batch of kodachrome. Everyone complained that it was too green. I didn't know about it, and went out for a springtime foray into the woods. It was perfect. Beautiful, exagerated spring greens. I tried to find more of that batch, but it had been recalled. Never was able to get that look again...