PDA

View Full Version : Underwater series #3

Cheryl Slechta
08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Here is the third from this series of "underwater" or reflection shots. This was taken at the same time as the one I posted yesterday. Almost straight out of the camera - I removed a twig and increased exposure about 1/3 stop.
Thanks for looking:S3:

gary ellwein
08-02-2013, 07:52 PM
As with the Orton effect, I had to look up encaustic wax effect. Thanks for the stimulus. I like the results.

Diane Miller
08-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Not as much complexity here as yesterday's wonderful "painting" but lovely, nonetheless. I'm feeling a little conflicted about the dark trunk cutting it almost through the middle. If it were lighter I don't think it would be so prominent.

I'd love to see your encaustic images! I'll check out your Zenfolio site.

Nancy Bell
08-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I also had to look up encaustic wax. Do you then use these images to copy? I like the mottled blues and greens & the glassy look. You could crop in from the right so that main tree trunk is not right in the center, making the 3 trunks more balanced as a group.

Hazel Grant
08-02-2013, 11:42 PM
I'll have to check your zenfolio too. Somehow #2 never showed up for me. Not sure what the encaustic wax is, so I'll do some research. This one is not my favorite probably because of the heavy trunk. Like #1 better. Softer mood.

Cheryl Slechta
08-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the comments! With encaustic wax on photography you have to print on uncoated paper (I used Epson Hot Press Bright), then mount it onto a board, then melt encaustic wax and paint it over the photograph and then use a heat gun to melt the wax again which fuses it. I'm doing the encaustic part today and will probably use more coats of wax on this one than on the one I posted yesterday. I've only done a couple of pieces and I don't have anything on Zenfolio yet. I am finishing a couple to put in an exhibit so I'll let you know how it turns out!:S3: