View Full Version : butterfly

stuart wanuck
07-31-2013, 12:15 PM
nikon d 300 iso 400
m 1/250 @ 8
500 mm ff

Markus Jais
08-01-2013, 01:21 AM
Beautiful colors and soft light. The green in the BG is wonderful.
I would prefer a little more green on the right and I would sharpen the image a bit more around the head.

Great overall sharpness on the whole butterfly.

Markus

Jonathan Ashton
08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
A fine shot for a big lens, good focus and colour rendition. The fine hairs around the head are a little indistinct, the DOF looks good so perhaps a little more sharpening would help. The composition does not quite sit right to my eye I would suggest a landscape version or perhaps a little more space on the right - say about twice the amount on the left.

Jason Stander
08-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi Stuart... lovely image... excellent bg and exposure... comp would be great with a more diagonal comp... detail is spot on... the other antennae in focus would be great but here you cant have it all... otherwise WD!:w3

Steve Maxson
08-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi Stuart. This is a beautiful specimen - it looks like it just emerged! Very nice light, colors and background. Good sharpness on the wings - you might try a little extra sharpening around the head. I'm wondering if the comp would be better with less room at the bottom and more at the top - a subjective and minor point. Overall, this is very nicely done!