PDA

View Full Version : orchis

Valerio Tarone
07-31-2013, 12:01 PM
nikkor 60mm iso200 f9 1/60 +0,7OEV manual focus flash nikkor 24 -1OEV reflecting lamp and diffuser.
The bg ,to boost the color,is my rucksack!
Thanks.

Valerio Tarone
07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
nikkor 60mm iso200 f9 1/60 +0,7OEV manual focus flash nikkor 24 -1OEV reflecting lamp and diffuser.
The bg ,to boost the color,is my rucksack!
Thanks.

Sorry, I always have problems with vertical files, I had to reduce this one to 720 in vertical.

Cheryl Slechta
08-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Valerio, I think the background is a little too distinct, taking your eye away from the main focus of the image. I like the colors and a solid background of that color would have been nice. The colors are the same as the flag of Italy:S3:

Valerio Tarone
08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Cheryl, thanks, do you believe,for example, a red card should have been better, in any way distant from the subject? My thought in composing it: concentrate on the architecture of the flower, and place it slightly on the right as'golden rule'.

Steve Maxson
08-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Valerio. I like what you are trying to do with the comp, but for me, the background is more interesting than the flower and draws my eye away from your subject. I think, as you suggest above, that a background of uniform coloration would help - as long as it is not so brightly colored that it upstages the flower. This is a difficult flower to photograph due to all the little stems and leaves (most of which will be OOF) sticking out everywhere. I think for this to work well, the one flower on the right needs to be very sharp so our eyes have something to lock onto. As presented, much of that flower is rather soft. I would also like to see just a bit more room on the right as the petal is almost touching the frame. I hope these suggestions help. :S3: