PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Box Image of the Week for the week ending June 14th, 2013: Paul Lagasi - King of the Castle

Daniel Cadieux
07-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Paul!

Hi Gang
This is the first time the internet has worked, it crashes quite often and gets heavy use. These birds are Crested Auklets and one Least Auklets. There are millions here, when they leave their rookeries it is something to watch. Early in the morning its possible to catch some standing on rocks close enough for photos. The mountain they live on is sacred to the locals (burieal grounds) and you can't climb it at all but there's really no need. I will do a full report on my blog when I get home.
I apologize in advance, internet is limited so I can't comment on your photos as usual.
I ran this image through Topaz Clean then Fotosketcher Oil effect.

Nancy, the birds are varied but few on the mainland, I've gotten 11 life birds here. Including some real rarities, an Olive-backed Pipit and Siberian Rubythroat withlots of walking and searching. Access to land is limited and permits are required. Ivory carvers everywhere and some amazing work.

Should read "King of the Castle"

Thanks for looking
Paul

Paul Lagasi
07-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Thank you very much, as I've said in the past "its nice to be appreciated"

Dan Brown
07-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Awesome composition and treatment, Paul! Congrats!

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Paul, congratulations! It's a great image:S3: