PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Image of the Week for the week ending June 14th, 2013: Gabriela Plesea - Rosetta

Daniel Cadieux
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Congratulations Gabriela!

Rosetta is one of the most beautiful leopards I have seen and what made her even more special is that she did not mind us one bit while we sat in the car only meters away from her. We watched her quietly for over an hour, she was focused on a few springbok in the dry riverbed and if it wasn't for a couple of crows that gave her away (flying right above her and shrieking) she might have attempted to hunt. At some point she stood up and yawned, her head turned away from us. A long stretch followed and she came towards us a little, climbing down the fallen tree you see in this image, then slowly walked in front of the car and rolled in the sand. It was difficult to take photographs, she was just too close. Also, her eyes were slightly closed - the sun was just too strong. I have a few special images of her, this is one I found more difficult to process because of all the branches and the shadows etc. Let me know please if you can think of any way to improve it.

EXIF:

Nikon D3S
Nikon 300mm
1/1600s
F7.1

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Two on the trot, congratulations. :cheers:

Loi Nguyen
08-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Congrats, Gabriela!!! Loi