PDA

View Full Version : yellow green bug

christopher galeski
07-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Taken a few days ago on local farm land,cannon100mm IS L F2.8,EXT TUBES,TRIPOD,CROP,SHARPEN FOR WEB,ISO200,F10,1/15S,nearly for got,7D camera.

Jonathan Ashton
07-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Lovely shot I like it very much, for me just not quite enough DOF, I don't think I am going to persuade you to put those tubes in your pocket am I?:w3

Mitch Haimov
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Very nice, Christopher! Perch well suited to the subject, as is the soft BG. Comp works well, but I think a little smaller in frame would also be a good option (possibly with more DOF).

Jason Stander
08-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi Chris... great shot... for me the detail and exp is great and there is enough dof for good representation of this critter... yes more is better... but you did well... love the perch and bg!

christopher galeski
08-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Thanks for looking and comments.

Nancy Bell
08-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I really like the composition of this image with all the lines of the legs, antennae & mouthparts as well as the spines on the flower. Perfect smooth bkgd and the greens and reds create a very nice color palette. I am fine with the DOF.

Steve Maxson
08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi Chris. Nice job of capturing the bug while it was grooming its antenna between its front legs! Excellent background and very good sharpness within your DOF. I agree that a little more DOF would be an improvement - probably best achieved by backing off your magnification a little. If this was mine, I'd probably clone some of the specular highlights on the bug and plant. Overall, this is very well done!