PDA

View Full Version : Baby Northern Flying Squirrel.

Daniel Cadieux
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I got the chance to see the baby Northern Flying Squirrels...this is what it looks like when the BBQ lid is slowly opened to reveal the special contents inside...too cute, and at that age where they like to sleep snuggled together. I was with my kids and parents, we all took turns looking at this beautiful scene for a few short moments as mother watched us from a few feet away, I then took a few pictures of course...and then as much as it was tempting to continue on we all knew it was best to slowly close back the lid. Here they are about two weeks old, and I'll be going back in a week or so to check up on the growing status (and cuteness) of the little ones:S3:.

Canon 7D + 100mm f/2.8 macro lens, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, about 75% FF, a small strand of nesting material patched off the subject's head.

Gabriela Plesea
07-30-2013, 01:14 AM
They are unbelievably cute and so delicate, Daniel! Saw your post early morning when I started my laptop and I cannot help it but look again from time to time. I have this desire to touch them, to feel the softness of the skin and fur. They look so soft and so vulnerable...You captured them so well! Delightful scene, thank you for sharing this!

Warmest regards,

Steve Kaluski
07-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Daniel, cute yes, however the looks are something only a mother could love. :bg3:

Techs & PP look spot on, as usual, likewise the comp and nice to see yet another different species. Trust there is a reminder note on the BBQ, should send it in, to what I think, looks like Webber.

Great work. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Uber cute and a bit "fugly" at the same time :w3
Exposure and details look great. I presume the BBQ hadn't been used for a while? You must come visit in South Africa and I'll show you how to properly use yours so no animal ever thinks it's a tranquil nesting ground :bg3:.

Steve Kaluski
07-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Don't you mean 'Braai' Morkel? :bg3::bg3:

Loi Nguyen
07-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Daniel, unbelievably cute for sure. The little skinny foot shows how little and vulnerable they are. Loi

Rachel Hollander
08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Daniel - huge cuteness factor at work here. Glad you took the precautions not to disturb them or mother. Excellent techs. Looking forward to watching them grow up.

TFS,
Rachel