PDA

View Full Version : Juvi Caspian Tern.

Karl Egressy
07-25-2013, 04:02 PM
This is what I was hoping for; juvi in flight.
They don't fly around a lot as they are still fed by the parents.
I got only two frames this time in about two hour shooting the parent Terns.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II
ISO 320
1/3200 s
f5.6

Iain Barker
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I love everything about this image.
Good compostion, nice wing position, nice clean background and the Tern is nice and sharp.
Well done.

Melissa Groo
07-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Very nice flight shot of this juvi Caspian, Karl! Great exposure and sharpness. I might desaturate some of the blue cast in the shadow on the back behind the wing.

David Salem
07-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Wow Karl!! That's a killer Tern shot. Your best one in the series, IMO. The detail is awesome. You must have gotten pretty close on this one. Perfect HA and a nice open beak makes this one real nice.
Might consider removing the lower catch in the eye.
One to be proud of Karl

Marina Scarr
07-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Super flight pose, Karl and it looks as though he's looking over at you. I would probably remove the one catch light if you felt like it. I am seeing a greenish/blueish cast on the underwing.

Karl Egressy
07-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Super flight pose, Karl and it looks as though he's looking over at you. I would probably remove the one catch light if you felt like it. I am seeing a greenish/blueish cast on the underwing.

Thanks Marina.
I tried to remove the color cast in saturation moving the blue slider to zero and then repeated it.
It did not work.
How would you do it if I may ask.

Marina Scarr
07-26-2013, 08:15 PM
If course you may ask, that's why we are all here. I did a color balance layer with +10 on the reds (away from cyan). Then I did levels adjustment to brighten it. Not sure it's right yet, but I think it's closer.