PDA

View Full Version : Velvet

vishaljadhav
07-24-2013, 01:33 PM
This one is a Velvet Fronted Nuthatch, a very busy bird and always found upside down

5D MIII + 400 f2.8 + 2x tc

ISO 1000, 1/160, 7.1

This one is one of the most pretty colours around in the Western Ghats of India, so i love this one a lot, the challenge is to get this one in open and to steady for a few seconds, this one caught a bug and so got a few seconds and made 2 images.

Let me know your thoughts
Critiques and suggestions welcome

vishal

Don Lacy
07-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Beautiful subject with plenty of detail and the bug is a nice added bonus. This comp for me is not working the image feels out of balance with all that dead space to the left I feel a tighter crop from the left or going to a vertical presentation would strengthen the image. will be interesting to hear what others think

Diane Miller
07-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Lovely bird and nice catch with the prey. If they're like out nuthatches, they don't sit and pose.

I agree about the crop. It's just too half and half, with half empty. With some BG detail in the left half it could be OK.

David Salem
07-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Great looking bird with beautiful colors. Nice pose and the prey is a big bonus. Techs look good and nice feather detail on the bird. I agree about the crop and would remove some from the left or a vertical as Don suggested might look nice if the IQ holds up. Well done

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Great light, details and Bg the food being a bonus. Such a nice bg I can see why you wanted so much of it but I have to agree with the majority on the dead space. I would still leave the bird far to the right but not quite that far

jack williamson
07-25-2013, 07:56 PM
A beautiful bird and a beautiful exposure, agree with the others about the comp.

Jack

gail bisson
07-26-2013, 04:52 AM
I agree with the others about the comp. You did well with the 2X at 7.1.In a perfect world you would have been at f 9.0 and had a SS of 1/1000 but I realize the light wasn't great,
Gail