PDA

View Full Version : Staring Contest Against A Dragon.

Daniel Cadieux
07-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Just a bit of fun I was having with a very cooperative subject hanging out in my front yard flower garden....and yes, I did lose the contest:S3:

Canon 7D + 100mm f/2.8 macro lens, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/9, ISO 800, flash @ -1.7 FEC, handheld, full-frame. I did a version with the small flower tip at bottom edge cloned out but preferred it there for some reason (comp feels more balanced).

Nancy Bell
07-23-2013, 03:32 PM
WOW, this is a magnificent perspective! Combined with the brilliant colors, this image really catches one's attention!! The rounded shapes of color in the bkgd that mimic the round shapes of the eyes, the equally drooping lines of the wings, and the central placement of the dragonfly make a dramatic composition. Awesome details in the face and eyes. I see why you left that small flower tip, but I really don't think many people will notice it one way or the other in this image.

Bob Miller
07-23-2013, 05:01 PM
This really is a unique image ! I love everything about it except that small little flower tip

Allen Sparks
07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Wonderful close up Daniel...details are great and I like the head on view. Very well done.

Mitch Haimov
07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Very well done, Daniel. I enjoy the unique perspective. You nailed the focus and the wings look great. Congrats!

Gabriela Plesea
07-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Great detail, sharpness and colours, superb image Daniel!

Kind regards,

Jonathan Ashton
07-25-2013, 01:38 AM
The image is successful because the most important aspect is the compound eye. This is perfectly focused and shows great detail. The front pair of legs are also pretty well focused retaining attention on the front of the dragonfly. The small fower tip dies not distract me because it is an integral part of the scene to my eye. There is also great harmony in the colours of the compound, the background and the flower head.

Jason Stander
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi Daniel... stunning stunning stunning... super comp, detail and exposure... overall a great image to look at... so VVWD!