PDA

View Full Version : Another Weaver Bird pose

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
07-23-2013, 02:11 PM
<tbody id="yui_3_7_3_3_1374606572710_474">
Camera
Canon EOS 7D (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/)

Exposure
(1/400)

Aperture
f/5.6

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

</tbody>
I wish the branch in the BG did not cut across the bird but this was the best shot I could get! Did not try to clone it as I am not so good at it :-(
Hope you like the image.
Sanjeev

John Goldman
07-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Nice capture, Sanjeev.
Good color, composition, sharpness where important, nice BG except as you noted the branch. The branch would be even more of a problem had it intersected the head and less of a problem had it been lower on the body. Maybe a little head turn toward the camera would have been better, also. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that these birds don't listen to our coaching.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Sanjeev, the detail on the bird is great unfortunately the branch in the bg is a bit distracting. I find it sooo difficult to get these warblers and small birds to naturally pose in a great spot without distracting oof foliage. It is a challenge.

Jeff Cashdollar
07-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Must control the background... this is a nice shot but the better picture is without the intersecting branch. Work the subject and control the frame!

Love the colors... and wide open like this work on detail...are you using a tripod.

Steve Kaluski
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi Sanjeev, with birds like this and their habitat it's a real dilemma and not an easy shot to pull off, you really needed the BKG to be not as close in terms of colour to your subject with the greens, yellows & browns. The intersecting branch for me is the killer to the image as its quite strong and dominant, as already noted above. In addition I feel the focus point is not on the eye/head, but drifting more to the wing and IMHO not ideal as you want the detail and sharpness primarily on the head, but also overall on the subject, so more DOF, but then you will bring the BKG into focus! This is where having a good distance between subject & BKG helps as the 500 will just compress and give that lovely diffused look. Just check where the FP was, if it's on the eye then I might suggest you pop it back to Canon with the body for calibration, if you need advice drop me a line. I did try knocking the BKG back & removing the branch ahead of the subject, looks a bit odd too, but will send you it.

BTW is this an old shot as you have the 5D which should knock spots off this and as Jeff said if you are HH then I do think a tripod would help and benefit the image.

TFS
Steve