PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Cloud, do we all Photoshop users have to take this sooner or later? 60 % discount link from Adobe!

Anette Mossbacher
07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi all,

just got this "lovely" news in with a huge discount for Adobes Cloud for Photoshop or any other discount. I am sure some did too!
For PS CS6 users they give 60% discount! But you need to sign up soon. You will find all details in this link: https://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html
Do we have to do this cloud thing ? Even that it was hacked within a day?
Is there a way around this ?
I just ask as I did not read enough yet only hear complains on every corner!
Would be great to here more thoughts from your sites :w3

Thanks a lot
Enjoy your Sunday

Ciao

Anette

Diane Miller
07-20-2013, 07:31 PM
There is a lot of information about this new model on the web, and most of it from high-end photographers is hugely negative. Tim Grey took the unusual step of posting an excerpt on his blog, available free, from the upcoming (at that time) issue of his paid subscription Pixology e-magazine.

http://timgrey.com/blog/

I'll stay with CS6 until it won't run on some future computer or OS upgrade that I'll be forced to make. The money isn't an issue for me, but if for some reason I decide to quit subscribing, all the images I have created using any of the new features will no longer be editable. I will only be able to "see" a flat TIFF or a layered document in which some layers won't work if they used the new features.

It is a workable system if you don't work in layers or if you flatten every file, but I like the concept of the paint never drying. Next year I will have more knowledge, a better eye and better tools. I want to be able to tweak older images without being forced to keep up a subscription for the rest of my life.

It sounds like they have already lowered the price -- they were offering 50% off for the first year only, for just PS. Maybe they are not getting as many takers as they had hoped. The more people hold out on it, the more pressure they will have to change. Standard and Poors (a major market analysis company) took the unusual step of putting out a strong sell advisory to people holding Adobe stock.

Steve Kaluski
07-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Anette I will PM you some stuff you can then make 'the call'. :bg3: Just remember to load it up for September, if you decide to go for it.

Anette Mossbacher
07-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi Diane and Steve,

thanks for the link Diane. Will check it out what more complains come up :bg3:

We should do a Enterprise or company, that might lowers the price more :S3:

Thanks again and enjoy your Sunday :w3

Ciao
Anette

Gavin Slabbert
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I have no intention of using the cloud, besides it is only good for 1 year, after that they stick it to you. To me this smacks of Adobe getting greedy.