1/50 sec at f16
105 macro
tripod
ISO 1000
Focustack of 7 images
Comments please!

Mitch Haimov
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I like the colors, textures, and lines in this abstract, Bob. Well seen--I like that you included some of each part of the flower in a strong composition without getting all of any of them. The stack worked well. Are the yellows clipped in the sunlit part of the lowest left petal? Seems to lack detail there and in some of the LL oranges.

stuart wanuck
07-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Interesting take very nice

Jerry van Dijk
07-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Very pleasing composition Bob! In addition to the good points already mentioned, I like how the colors slowly change from green to yellow. This isn't as tack sharp as I would expect from a focus stack. Did you have to compress a lot to meet the upload requirements? You didn't completely crop off the white line in the UL corner, easy fix.

Jonathan Ashton
07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
A very interesting image I have to admit it would not have occurred to me to make an image of this portion of the flower head but it works very well. the image does not appear to be perfectly focused (if that is the term for a stacked image) but having said that I don't think it matters, I like it very much.

Nancy Bell
07-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Fantastic composition! I love how all the parts point towards the greenish center of the flower, and that point is off-center in the image. I also like the various shapes, i.e. the yellow petals, then the circular row of domed-shaped pieces and then those extruded parts in the lower left corner. I think this is very well seen and executed!! I would consider evicting that small bit of yellow in the extreme upper left corner as it is the only element not pointing towards the flower center.

Bob Miller
07-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone for some great suggestions!