PDA

View Full Version : And it flew away!!!

James Shadle
07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Turkey Vulture at Alafia Banks.

This bird acted no differently than any of the other Vultures - except the others were staring pretty intensely at it. Seems like they were waiting for something to happen.

Paul Guris
07-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I have multiple comments about the "archer" flying through my brain, but I'll refrain from typing most of them since this is a family site. The idiot who shot this bird was one sick and twisted individual.

James Shadle
07-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I have multiple comments about the "archer" flying through my brain, but I'll refrain from typing most of them since this is a family site. The idiot who shot this bird was one sick and twisted individual.

Agreed and thank you for your self control :w3.

John Chardine
07-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Amazing James. It goes to show you how resilient wild animals are. I wonder if it's a new injury and the bird will succumb or an old injury?

gail bisson
07-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Poor thing. It makes me ashamed to be a human...

Daniel Cadieux
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Man, that is one tough bird! Unfortunate that some people call this "fun"...wish they could "shoot" with something else, like a Canon...

James Shadle
08-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Poor thing. It makes me ashamed to be a human...

Gail, this unfortunately was not the first time I felt ashamed to be human.
As a general rule I prefer birds to most humans (nature photographers are an exception of course).

PhilCook
08-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Amazing survival, but no doubt it will die a slow horrid death. I worked for 10 years for the RSPCA here { Humane Society } and have seen this kind of thing many times over and worse, even Dolphins with arrows embedded in their bodies. Pretty easy to lose faith in the human race sometimes, and like James I prefer the company of birds and animals much of the time. One of the hardest things about working with animal cruelty cases is trying to be civil and show restraint towards the guilty parties....... grrrrrr!