PDA

View Full Version : Bay-breasted Warbler

Bill Dix
07-14-2013, 09:18 AM
From Magee Marsh in May. I know this is somewhat of a belly shot, and I hesitated to post it. But it is only the second time I've seen this species -- my first image of one -- and I wanted to continue the warbler series. I'm curious to know what folks think of it.

D7000, 700mm, ISO 800, 1/40s @ f/6.3 manual, fill @ -1/3. Tripod

Ilija Dukovski
07-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, the angle is not the best, wish the leafs in the front were not there, but this is not a bird we often see photographed.
Good detail and nice colors.

Cheers,
Ilija

Stu Bowie
07-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi Bill, congrats on your first image of this species, and lucky to get him fairly open amongst the foliage. Hope you get to see him again. I may be wrong, but feel there is a slight yellow cast in the image.

Jeannean Ryman
07-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats on the Bay. I've been lucky to catch two during their migration. They're always hoping about in the trees, so it's hard to get a clear shot of one. I think you did pretty well. Agree with Stuart about the yellow cast. Should be an easy fix.

Daniel Cadieux
07-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Yes, as you point out the angle is steep, but who can resist photographing such a beauty regardless of how high it is! Had the head been cocked down towards us that would have minimized the effect. The setting, although quite busy, works well IMO. I would add some contrast and saturation to the right part of the perch to make it match the rest of it though...did you need to desaturate some FG stuff there?

Bill Dix
07-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've made some adjustment to the yellow cast. Daniel, there was an oof leaf over the RH part of the frame. I had already tried to boost the contrast in that area to make it look less cloudy, but obviously not enough. This may be a little better, but will never be perfect. Admittedly not one of my finest images, but I was pleased to get him.

Satish Ranadive
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Beautiful image of warbler nicely framed by leaves.Seeing this fro the first time.TFS.

Regards,
Satish.