PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Catfish

Bill McCrystyn
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
20D 100-400L IS @ ISO400 F/13 1/1250 EVAL H/H

It was my first time. That I had ever seen an Osprey dive for a fish close up. I was tracking him in the air when all of a sudden he tucked in his wings and dropped out of the frame. I pulled the camera away just in time to see him hit the water talons first. He looked like a missile going into the water. Needless to say I missed that part of the action but captured him coming out of the water with the fish and flying away above. I liked the sun coming through the wings on this one.

Steve Canuel
05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Bill,
Just witnessed my first Osprey dive this weekend as well. Wish I could've gotten a picture more like this one than the one I got. Like the comp and the light through the wings.
Steve

Alfred Forns
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Excellent Bill !!! I like the layout position with stretched wings Good under wing detail. Might go in and work on the eye lightening a bit Will make it pop out nice Could only wish for the fish to be more sideways to the camera !!! Excellent capture ..... next go for on on a full dive before it hits the water !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Great capture for both Bill and your timing was excellent. Many thanks for sharing.

Bill McCrystyn
05-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks Al, I can do that.

Steve I got eight frames and only two were keepers. I'll post the other one later. It's all the luck of the draw.

Bill McCrystyn
05-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks Al, the eyes have it.