PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Falls at Sunset

James Fuller
07-11-2013, 11:49 PM
I've wanted to visit these waterfalls in the Supai Village of the Grand Canyon for a while now. I finally had the chance over the long 4th of July Weekend. It was a 10 mile hike in, but worth every step! A great place for photography and swimming during the heat of the day!

D800, 14-24 @ 19mm, 0.6 Seconds, F16, ISO 50. Blend of two exposures.

Comments appreciated!

Vivaldo Damilano
07-12-2013, 03:31 AM
A beautiful scene, great use of a low ISO, water blur finishes this image off nicely. I also like the clarity and soft colours. The composition work well but if I had to nit pick, I find the FG a little tight, maybe a little more silver at the bottom would have worked nicely.

Rachel Hollander
07-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi James - Looks like the long hike really paid off. The blurred falls look great. I really like the dof and the softer colors, particularly the bit of red/pink in the sky. I agree with Vivaldo about a little more below and might also back off on the sharpening on the leaves of the trees in the llc. Overall though this is really well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi James,

you do not have a color profile assigned. Here is link of Steve's post: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/62351-Saving-for-Web-in-PS
I have no idea how the colors are there or if this is a sort of HDR.
Nice scene, would love to jump into the water there as well. I agree with Rachel and Vivaldo with a tad FG. You can add it in PS, if you want to. This is an easy task and easy FG!!
The long exposure works here very well with the waterfall.
very nice image

Ciao
Anette

James Fuller
07-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi James,

you do not have a color profile assigned. Here is link of Steve's post: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/62351-Saving-for-Web-in-PS
I have no idea how the colors are there or if this is a sort of HDR.
Nice scene, would love to jump into the water there as well. I agree with Rachel and Vivaldo with a tad FG. You can add it in PS, if you want to. This is an easy task and easy FG!!
The long exposure works here very well with the waterfall.
very nice image

Ciao
Anette

Hello Anette, I used the save for web in CS5, I don't know why there is no color profile assigned. The image was not processed with HDR software, just manually blended 2 exposures, one for sky and one for the land.

Anette Mossbacher
07-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi James, in PS CS5 it is the same steps as in PS CS6. Just follow the steps like Steve shows in his post. That will bring you there :bg3:
Than just RP it again. :w3

Ciao
Anette

PS For me it looks a bit to red/magenta, but as said I have no clue how it looks there!

James Fuller
07-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Ok, Anette I think I've got the sRGB profile embedded in the image now. Thanks for your help. Do the colors look different now...both images look identical on my screen. I hope I did it right this time :e3

Anette Mossbacher
07-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Yep all sorted now. We all had to go that road, me too :bg3:

Have a great day James

Ciao

Anette

Douglas Bolt
07-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Nice scene. Very inviting.
I had the feeling that the camera was not level, based upon the angle of the waterfall. Also, I thought a little less foreground might focus ones attention more towards the waterfall. Here's my take.

dankearl
07-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Stunning view, A place I have always wanted to go.
I like the OP, The comp is very nice as are the colors.
It does seem almost too sharp for me.
The water if perfect.

Andrew McLachlan
07-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi James, a very nice view of this picturesque waterfall...the repost works nicely. I agree with the other folks on the bottom edge. I have never visited this location so I am unsure, but if you pointed the camera downward a little more would you have been able to get a strip of the red sand along the bottom edge?

James Fuller
07-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the comments y'all. I'm glad I didn't "nail the shot." I was looking for a reason to go back and shoot this amazing place again :w3

Morkel Erasmus
07-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Not much left to say here, James. Great colours overall (love the azure water contrasted with the red rocks and pink sky).
Engaging and effective composition and blending. I might make it overall a touch darker - by a third stop or so?
Nice one! :cheers: