PDA

View Full Version : Gone with the wind

Nancy Bell
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
This is an in-camera multiple exposure. Pixel Bender oil paint is the single filter effect. The Canon 5D MarkIII in-camera multiple exposure effect is a little harder to master than I expected. Or to say it another way, lots of my multiple exposure images just didn't look like much :e3. I have decided I must carefully look at the flower outline to decide if multiple exposure could be interesting or messy.

I brush my heavy-coated dog outside and possibly that is dog hair attached to the flower! But I like the lines. I don't think deer hair is that wispy.

Hazel Grant
07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
yes, I think it is probably dog hair. never thought of deer coats as being "furry"
Still, gave it a windblown effect that is very nice.

Kerry Perkins
07-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Nancy, I was wondering what cool effect you used to get that wispy look... It was the dog hair filter! :bg3: Perfect example of serendipity. I'm really liking the effect you get with oil paint, very nice. I still haven't had the nerve to try the multiple exposure bit!

Nancy Bell
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks Hazel & Kerry. "It was the dog hair filter! :bg3: " It's one of those special effects filters that I've just noticed :w3!

Cheryl Slechta
07-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi, Nancy, great use of filters:cheers: Actually, it looks like Spanish moss which we have in the South. I think you did a great job with multiple exposures - it's not easy as I found out also:S3:

Mitch Carucci
07-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Lovely image. Whatever the tendrils are in this photo, they work well. Perhaps you should sell little bundles of your dogs hair to photographers :S3:

Nancy Bell
07-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks, Cheryl & Mitch. "Perhaps you should sell little bundles of your dogs hair to photographers :S3:" Hey, everyone will want BIG bundles, for lots of doggy-hair effects, which I can certainly do! :t3

Indranil Sircar
07-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Awesome composition and processing, Nancy. Feels like celestial effect... being pulled into ether :S3:

Diane Miller
07-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Wonderful! The dog hair is the icing on the cake, or the grace note.

I think the whole assortment of in-camera special effects (smart phone apps and the few we have for bigger cameras) have a low success rate, but when they do succeed it's really worth it, as it was here.

Nancy Bell
07-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Thank you Indranil & Diane!

Paul Lagasi
07-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi Nancy a dog-hair filter effect...hmm might have to borrow someones long haired dog...my dogs a Mastador and has short hair. Maybe I could glue some together. I like the windblown flower, the softness and colors. Well done

Nancy Bell
07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Paul, Thank you. And maybe we can specialize...dog long hair filter, dog short hair filter, poodle filter...:bg3:!