PDA

View Full Version : Sedge Sprite

Jon Swanson
07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
This fellow was taken in my park out back. It is a bevy of ode activity in the warm months and it is the best time of the year to enjoy Minnesota as well! These guys are really tiny compared to the other dams. D800 200Micro f18 fill flash ISO 640 1/25th.

Jonathan Ashton
07-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Absolutely beautiful, I like the composition and the exposure and colours. It appears to have some red parasitic objects on the thorax region.
The image is not overexposed but I would consider lowering the brightest components a little, this would reduce contrast with the background. I would also review the heavy green area, it looks a little too saturated to me. If you concience permits Iwould also consider cloning/patchon the OOF seed head and stem behind the damsel. I suspect some people would find the spider gossamer or fine thread distracting - I don't, nature is not always coffee table top picture perfect (he said after suggesting the cloning!!)

Jon Swanson
07-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the input Jonathan. I make it a personal choice not to clone out things that are there in nature. I would rather capture nature than create it;)

Mitch Haimov
07-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Excellent work, Jon. The spider silk (or whatever it is) does not bother me at all. Ideally the OoF seeds would not extend behind the damsel, but works fine as is. Appears to be looking right into your lens.