PDA

View Full Version : Egret in the Grass

Harold Davis
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
this was a very contrasty scene. it seems i had some problems with the whites. the histogram looked good in the camera, but it seems to have lost some detail in the bird. any suggestions?

D300, 18-200VR at 135mm, f/22, 1/400s, 0EV, ISO 400, flash fill at -2.0EV. i dont use the exposure compensation on the camera so to speak, but i do compensate for the whites, only on the meter. i'd guess i was -1.7EV on this one.

comments and critiques are appreciated

Oscar Zangroniz
05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Very nice my friend, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you've been working hard. Nice composition and excellent background. All seems to be very sharp.
Don't be a stranger.
Regards,

Nonda Surratt
05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Harold,

Don't know squat about flash so could be way wet here..But I think the f22 might have been counter productive?

Pretty bird and nice scene! The liter bit right by the bill seems a bit distracting.

Alfred Forns
05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Harold this came out a lot better than I would have expected Really like how you worked the bg for a pleasing image I find these very difficult

The whites are not all that bad To get more texture you could do a duplicate layer and multiply Then just back down the opacity Lots of time is works !!!