PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I dream of another life

Nancy Bell
07-09-2013, 01:31 PM
There is an emu ranch not far from me. I never pause as I drive by but this one emu next to the fence caught my eye and I stopped for just a few images. There are other emus with this one in a large enclosure with natural trees and rocks.

I used Topaz Adjust 5 psychedelic dreams for the bkgd. On the entire image I applied Topaz Simplify buz sim desaturate II and Pixel Bender. I varied the opacities of the applications. I would have liked to have more of the long neck.

Cheryl Slechta
07-09-2013, 05:36 PM
He has such a sad face :( I think I'd darken up the part of the fence that is going across his mouth diagonally. Nice use of filters:S3:

Judy Howle
07-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I agree, he does look sad. Great filter work Nancy!

Mark Fuge
07-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Nice image and application, Nancy.

Use to like shooting these at Lion Coutry Safari on the other coast. Always got a good expression from them.

Like the eye and the effects.

Paul Lagasi
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Emu's have the most interesting eyes, they do always look sad...interesting perspective and composition...nice work

Nancy Bell
07-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks all. Cheryl, that's a good idea about the mouth and the fence line. Unlike most of the eyes of birds, these are large enough to actually see some expression, or at less think you do!

Kerry Perkins
07-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Nice combination of filters Nancy, it looks really good. I like the title and how it fits the image in a funny/sad way. I like the framing with the landscape aspect, it looks good to me.

Nancy Bell
07-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks Kerry. The title was meant exactly how you interpreted it, and even to apply to all of us on a broader scale.