PDA

View Full Version : Thistle and Banded Demoiselle

christopher galeski
07-08-2013, 04:01 AM
Taken this morning,first time out this year with macro lens,having a bit of a heat wave here at the moment,so things are waking up,so put my bird lens away,for today,comments good orbad,thanks.cannon macro 100mm IS L,7d,tripod,f13,1/160s,iso800.cropped,

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Very clean image I really like the colours and I also like the less than obvious crop I think it works well. Did you mask and sharpen/noise reduce?? The hairs on the head and thorax seem a little indistict as does the perimeter of the mouth parts I was wondering if perhaps the two processes overlapped a little bit??

Nancy Bell
07-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Very nice composition and lovely contrast of colors between the damselfly and the bkgd. The entire image appears to have a gentle softness. Maybe Jonathan's suggestion of a processing overlap is the cause.

christopher galeski
07-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks for looking and comments,I am a bit rusty at the moment with macro,have not done any for awhile,forgot to alter ISO,so gave me some noise in the BG,so masked,not done it before with insects,nevre had to,so I agree have not done it just right.thanks again.