PDA

View Full Version : Calico Pennant Dragonfly, male

Allen Sparks
07-07-2013, 03:46 AM
Canon 7D, 300 f4 IS, Tamron SP 1.4x TC .......... ISO 400, f13, 1/250s, HH ............ Had to deal with gusty winds and steep terrain to get this shot - it is one of my favorite species and hard for me to find in my area so I thought I'd share this shot I took a couple of days ago. I didn't get all the extremities sharp but hopefully well enough for a pleasing image overall. C&C welcome.

Steve Maxson
07-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Allen. These are fairly common where I live - if you know where to look. They've been emerging this past week. This is a stunning image with those bright colors! The pose, comp, light, background, and sharpness are all first rate. I don't mind the slight softness of the tip of the abdomen or the hind wingtips. Excellent work!

Mitch Haimov
07-07-2013, 09:24 AM
It's a winner, Allen. Angled comp works well, as do the BG and soft light with just enough highlights to add some pop.

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Wonderful subject ideally displayed against that background. I agree with your self assessment, focus not perfect but very close and a really eye catching image.

Nancy Bell
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM
This is a stunning image! The colors and the details in the wings are amazing! Totally agree with the comments above.

christopher galeski
07-10-2013, 02:16 AM
Beautiful image of a beautiful dragonfly,agree on your own critique,but still a very nice image.