http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/nfreve/_IGP1653-1000pix.jpg

PENTAX K-5 II s
smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR
Diffused flash
Handheld
f/22 , 1/125sec , ISO 200

Nancy Bell
07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Very cool that you caught this wasp in the process of digging and throwing sand back between its legs! You placed yourself at a nice angle in relation to the wasp, showing the entire body front to back. The motion of the front leg and the flying sand really show that the wasp is digging. For a different look that would stop the motion of the legs you could increase your ISO and increase your speed.

Steve Maxson
07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi Nicolas. What a cool shot - especially with the sand grains flying through the air! Very nice light, sharpness, and DOF! You might consider cropping a little of the OOF area off the bottom, but it's a minor point. This is very well done and I hope to see more of your work here in Macro!

Mitch Haimov
07-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Excellent action shot! Superb DoF on subject and the angled composition works very well. I second Steve's cropping suggestion.

Allen Sparks
07-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Hi Nicolas, a pleasing behavioral image that was very well caught. Agree with the suggestions above but overall this is quite well done. - Allen

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Very interesting image, it is good to see the insect doing something, it always makes for added interest. Ideally the shutter speed could have been faster to freeze the action a little more effectively, had you gone deliberately slower I doubt if you would have obtained a sharp image. It may be worthwhile increasing the contrast a little or increasing the blacks just a tad.