PDA

View Full Version : Who's that

David Salem
07-04-2013, 04:24 AM
Took this last week of the burrowing owl fledglings. It's been lots of fun watching their funny antics, and by the looks of this guy, they are having a good time watching me too .
What are your thoughts on the out of focus sibling in the background? I like the fact that it has catch lights in its eyes.

1DMKIV---500mm---f7.1---ss1/2000---ISO500---Car as blind---30% crop

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. Appreciated

David

Ken Hadfield
07-04-2013, 04:28 AM
I like the OOF bird in the BG. Makes for a unique image. Love the pose of the bird in the foreground.

gail bisson
07-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi David,
I love the pose of the front owl.
I have never been fussy about OOF birds in the BG. Try as I might, it just isn't for me. A personal preference to be taken with a grain of salt!
IQ, light and POV are all top notch,
Gail

Girish Prahalad
07-04-2013, 06:34 AM
lovely image David. like the curious look of the owl in front. details & comp are excellent.
I do not mind the OOF owl in the BG.

MohsenVahedipour
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Excellent warm light & IQ. Like the unique funny pose for the first owl. I would prefer a version without that OOF owl in the BG. But still great image. TFS

Sarah Jessup
07-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I think the OOF owl in the background adds even more interest to the great angle of the front owl.
Nice work.

Frank Schauf
07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Great pose and eye contact.

Daniel Cadieux
07-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm OK with the other owl, just wish there was a bit more separation...as if you had moved an inch or two to your right. Neat curious pose by the front subject, and I like the earthy tones of the image.

Diane Miller
07-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I LOVE the pose of this guy!! I think the OOF owl is quite OK. If it was sharp it wouldn't be separated from the front one. And it acts as a sort of straight man to the clown. I can imagine it even looks a little embarrassed by the antics!

But humor aside, I think this as a very well-done image and the color palette is lovely.

Marina Scarr
07-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I find this image very pleasing. Love the cocked head on the front owlet and your details are terrific. Like the OOF owl very much and am happy that both eyes are clear.

David Salem
07-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks a ton everyone for your comments and suggestions. Even though I have many photos of the owls separated by themselves, I liked the look of this one with the out of focus bird in the background. I think it's his eyes and the fact that it is not completely out of focus. Makes the other one pop even better IMO.
Great to see the different feedback on the personal preferences of this quality group of photographers.

Thanks again.

Stu Bowie
07-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi David, well, that inquisitive stare just puts this up a few notches, and quite comical too - as you say, who is looking at who. Great detail and sharpness on the front owlet, and Im fine with the back owlet as posted. The colours of the BG compliment the owlets nicely. An opportunity well used.

vishaljadhav
07-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Lovely image David
the head position of the front owl creates a expression that itself puts the image over the top
Great details and i am ok with the OOF bird behind

Vivaldo Damilano
07-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Stunning image, love the sharp owls pose, very different and unique. BG owl work for me but agree with more separation.

Loi Nguyen
07-05-2013, 01:28 AM
David, terrific and comical pose by the owl in front. Great details and sweet light. I think the OOF owl adds more I Teresa to the image. I'd suggest brighten the shadow of the OOF owl just a little. Loi

Satish Ranadive
07-06-2013, 12:20 AM
David:
Wonderful action captured. Very nice color scheme and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

David Salem
07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. Appreciated.