PDA

View Full Version : Trillium

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Taken at a local NJ county park using the Canon 1d Mark3 and the Sigma 180mm macro and the Mt24 twin lights at minus 1&1/3. ISO 1250 at f13 and 1/100 sec. It was pretty windy.
If Cheryl looks here.......this one was all alone........I did not face the choice you had!

I used f13........as I couldn't go slower because of the wind.........and I was already at ISO1250! I have tried the Mark3 at higher ISO's........but this is the highest I find tolerable without doing extensive noise reduction. I didn't apply NR here..besides the in camera custom function setting. If the BG was darker.......the noise would have been more noticable.
Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Julie Kenward
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I love the way the leaves are spread out...almost like it's getting ready to dance. Love all the texture to this one, too. I can't believe you shot this at ISO 1250 and got away with little noise. Wow!

Fabs Forns
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Very nice classical composition, Roman. Good for ISO 1250. You got away with it because there was some warmth to the light.

Robert Smith
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Well done! Looks like you caught that individual near peak condition and with a great background. Extremely well done for the conditions you faced. I do wish the English ivy weren't in the bottom of the frame, but if it were mine, I'd still be proud of it! Congrats!

Robert O'Toole
05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice comp I like the details and the background is interesting. The flower looks nice and sharp.

Funny that I would have shot the same thing probably but used F5.6 or F8 at the most :) Your F13 worked well here.

Robert

John Cooper
05-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Yep it works for me Roman. I also would have selected a small aperature only because I find it difficult sometimes to evaluate the DOF preview!!

Mike Moats
05-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Hey Roman, very nice pose and the bark make a nice BG.

Cheryl Flory
05-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Roman, great shot, very sharp. You are right, around here, no single trilliums and most are not by the trees. My eye is very much drawn to the very straight, single trillium with its back up against the tree. It makes me think of someone bracing themselves in front of a firing squad. Now that is an image I never thought I would get from viewing a sweet little trillium!:D

Ed Vatza
05-08-2008, 06:09 AM
f/13? Why that's almost wide open, Roman! ;):D

I really like the trillium and also like using the tree trunk for the background. For me, the trunk is still too much in focus. I would have liked to see it more blurred. Maybe f/8?? :D