+2/3 EV
Aperture priority
ISO 400
Pattern

Levels
Curves
Saturation
Colour balance
Nik Software - Dfine 2.0 - background only, Color Efex Pro 4 - Subject only - Tonal Contrast @ 30%
Photoshop USM on subject only

Diane Miller
06-30-2013, 06:03 PM
I love this fuzzy little guy! The detail is beautiful, and the longing look up is special! I don't expect "expressions" from a butterfly.

Mitch Haimov
06-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Detail in the subject, texture in stalk, smooth BG, composition all lovely. Works well as is, tho enough DoF to cover antennae tips would be ideal (but that seems to be near-impossible). Congrats.

Jonathan Ashton
07-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Super shot Nick, excellent detail and I love the colours in the butterfly. To current date I have only seen two small coppers this year. I like the muted background and the detail in grass stem too.
I did wonder for a moment if the greens were just a tad rich.... but they look very pleasant in any event. The last comment you may not agree with at all, it is probably a reflection on me becasue I seem to have quite a few problems with greens and my 7D and I sometimes find it difficult to get them just right..

Nancy Bell
07-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Lovely, the butterfly nearly glows! I really like the small detail of the one orange tip on the antennae. It continues to draw the eye upwards, along with the tilt of the head and the grass stem. Beautiful composition and details.

nick clayton
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
To current date I have only seen two small coppers this year.
That's one more than me the Jonathan!

I did wonder for a moment if the greens were just a tad rich.... but they look very pleasant in any event. The last comment you may not agree with at all, it is probably a reflection on me becasue I seem to have quite a few problems with greens and my 7D and I sometimes find it difficult to get them just right. I must admit I often struggle to know what sort of green looks correct and am often not happy with the green backgrounds to my images, I think I am fairly happy with this one though.

nick clayton
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Bob Miller
07-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Nick....Not much more to say then to tell you your image is beautiful!Well done!

nick clayton
07-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks Bob

Jerry van Dijk
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Nothing to add to the above but some more compliments! It's a louzy butterfly year here as well. I hope the real summer arrives soon.....

Steve Maxson
07-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi Nick. Likewise, nothing new to add to the comments above. This image is excellent in all respects! :cheers: