PDA

View Full Version : Two Roses

Bob Miller
06-30-2013, 12:57 PM
This is another focus stack ( 6 images) done in PS6 of a rose in wife's garden that is hard for me to resist!
Nikon D3s
1/200 sec at f8
ISO800
105Nikon mm macro
Comments Please!

Norm Dulak
06-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi Bob.

As usual, I enjoy the quality offerings of my near neighbor. I think that the roses are beautiful, except for a small white spot near the lower center of the left one that I would clone out. But I'm undecided about the background. I find it a little too distracting and busy. Could it be darkened to make it less conspicuous? I'd like to know what others think.

But I think this image has very good potential and I very much enjoy viewing it.

Since you are so near to me, I'd like to see that garden some time!

Norm

Mitch Haimov
06-30-2013, 07:51 PM
I like the roses but BG is too much for me. I think you could make them less distracting either following Norm's suggestion or by softening it with a masked Gaussian blur (along the lines of Jonathan's thread immediately preceding this one). May also want to consider digitally cleaning the dark spots off the lowest petal of the right rose. Either way, I'd leave the stems and leaves of the two roses as they are.

Nancy Bell
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Bob, Here is one possibility. I softened the bkgd using Topaz details 3, soft & dreamy, masking out the roses. Then I used curves to lighten the entire image. And I sharpened the roses only. The reds seemed to become over-saturated when I saved for the web. Not sure how color space stuff works.

Bob Miller
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
I decided to go with darkening the bg
Norm....neighbor!.....Maybe we could go shooting sometime together. I shoot Bombay Hook alot...as for the garden My wife and I always enjoy showing our gardens

Steve Maxson
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Bob. Beautiful roses and the stacking worked well here! I like what Nancy did with her repost - the brighter roses really draw my eye - and hold it - and I'm much less tempted to let my eye wander around in the background. Overall, this is very nicely done!