PDA

View Full Version : One of the two Chicks.

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 09:16 AM
They have two chicks.
The other one was swimming with the other parent at that moment.
Thanks for looking.
(Rotation was done using a line which is no longer of the image)

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS
ISO 400
f 8.0
1/1250 s

Randy Stout
06-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Karl:

The story telling is very strong here, the combination of adult, chick and eggs clustered together works beautifully.

There are some post processing artifacts just in front of the adults bill, and the chest.

Just for personal taste, I would lower the luminosity of the water in the foreground just a bit.

Well captured.

Cheers

Randy

Frank Schauf
06-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Very nice scene and colors.

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Karl:

The story telling is very strong here, the combination of adult, chick and eggs clustered together works beautifully.

There are some post processing artifacts just in front of the adults bill, and the chest.

Just for personal taste, I would lower the luminosity of the water in the foreground just a bit.

Well captured.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy. Good observation. Problems mentioned have been corrected now.

Daniel Cadieux
06-30-2013, 11:40 AM
I love that we can see the remaining eggs, and the hatchling is oh so cute (as are most young grebes). The green vegetation adds some nice punch to the image. Good corrections on the processing artefacts. As posted I could go for about 40% less FG water and perhaps a tad more canvas above. Strong image as is though...and awesome opportunity.

Marina Scarr
06-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Killer image and story here, Karl. RP looks good although I agree with some off of the bottom and more on the top if you have it. Green with envy over this opp!

Stu Bowie
06-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi Karl, before reading Dan's comment, I could see coming up from the bottom to just below the nest. Love the interaction captured here, with good eye contact between chick and parent, and of course the eggs being visible just adds that something extra. Great repair in your repost.

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 11:53 AM
I love that we can see the remaining eggs, and the hatchling is oh so cute (as are most young grebes). The green vegetation adds some nice punch to the image. Good corrections on the processing artefacts. As posted I could go for about 40% less FG water and perhaps a tad more canvas above. Strong image as is though...and awesome opportunity.

Thanks Daniel. here is the improved comp.

Randy Stout
06-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Karl:

Def. better, and agree with Dan's thoughts. Pane #8 has the artifacts back again, so perhaps do the crop on image used in pane #4.

Cheers

Randy

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Karl:

Def. better, and agree with Dan's thoughts. Pane #8 has the artifacts back again, so perhaps do the crop on image used in pane #4.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy.
I had too many copies too many variations.
I hop it'll work this time. (My eyesight is very bad and it is not the glasses)

Randy Stout
06-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Karl:

I am afraid the artifacts are still there. Perhaps the easiest way at this point is to copy the image in pane #4, which we know is good, do your crop off that and repost.

I do try to label each variation I do, or I have the same issue you experienced.

Your eye sight was good enough to capture a wonderful image to begin with! :bg3:

Cheers

Randy

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Karl:

I am afraid the artifacts are still there. Perhaps the easiest way at this point is to copy the image in pane #4, which we know is good, do your crop off that and repost.

I do try to label each variation I do, or I have the same issue you experienced.

Your eye sight was good enough to capture a wonderful image to begin with! :bg3:

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy. Here is the last try and then I'll give up for the time being. I hope it will work this time.

Marina Scarr
06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Like the RP even better but I think I would consider cropping out the reflection of the bird's chest in the bottom of the frame and maybe take a little from the right.

vishaljadhav
06-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Latest RP looks perfect
the interaction is lovely and the green leaves is something that add nice colour to the frame

gary ellwein
06-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Wonderful story with chick, adult and eggs. RP with less on the bottom and more on top works.

dankearl
06-30-2013, 02:20 PM
The last repost looks good, Karl, artifacts are gone and I like the crop.
Those chicks are so cool.....

Karl Egressy
06-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Like the RP even better but I think I would consider cropping out the reflection of the bird's chest in the bottom of the frame and maybe take a little from the right.

Thanks, Marina.
I know there is always room for improvement.
Unfortunately I made a few mistakes with mixing up the images, so now I'm afraid to do anything today.
I might just go and watch the Tennis. I cannot goof there up LOL.

Satish Ranadive
06-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Excellent image with very well balance between the hatchling,eggs,parents and green vegetation.
Love the poses of both with nice HA, colors,details and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

nick clayton
07-01-2013, 01:26 PM
It's brilliant you got the chick and eggs in the image telling the story of how the chick came to be. I love the way the parent and chick are looking at each other and the completeness of the image with the whole nest, eggs, chick and parent included. Nice colours and lighting as well Karl.

Robert Holguin
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Wonderful shot Karl.
Excellent comp on your last repost, great shooting angle, and love the position of the eggs and chick.
Very well done.

David Salem
07-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Excellent shot Karl. Beautiful detail and exposure control with this shot love seeing the baby and it's beautiful color. Great looking overall scene.
Nice work Karl.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
What an awesome opportunity Karl and you really nailed a great shot. I would be so happy with this. Artifacts mentioned I don't see in your second post. Love this shot.