PDA

View Full Version : No Room at the Inn

Joe Senzatimore
06-27-2013, 07:49 AM
A few short weeks ago I posted these Oystercatcher twins taking shelter in the little house provided by the conservation team that patrols the nesting beaches. As you can see , they are now too big for the house. They have been well cared for by their parents , and will probably be flying soon. They were banded and I cloned out the visible band on the left hand bird.

800ISO f6.3 at 1/1250th
Slight crop and minor clean up.

Satish Ranadive
06-27-2013, 09:10 AM
I do remember your previous beautiful post of sweet little once. Another excellent image with very nice composition and color scheme.
Love the poses of both young once with nice HA, beautiful colors,details and lights.

Regards,
Satish.

Arthur Morris
06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Nicely done. How was the overall nesting success? There sure were lots of nests and chicks there earlier. Funny thing, I used "No Room at the Inn" (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/06/25/no-room-at-the-inn/) as a blog post title 3 days ago; quite different subjects and inn though.

Jeannean Ryman
06-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Very cute title and excellent photo. I like seeing what the volunteers put out for them. Good job.

Shawn Zierman
06-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Awesome follow up image from the previously posted one. I like the poses of each bird and the all important eye contact is spot on. Compositionally, this works well, but is a bit tight on the sides imo. Seems like an image where leaving the leg bands on would fit well, given the strong hand of man element anyway....Out of curiosity, do you think banding birds is a good idea?

Marina Scarr
06-29-2013, 07:52 AM
I really love this image compositionally and from a great story standpoint. Agree with Shawn on leaving in the band. I am seeing some IQ issues with this image.