PDA

View Full Version : Broad bodied chaser

Jonathan Ashton
06-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Tripod, Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro Fill in flash -1.66 ISO 100 1/25 sec f16
Here the wings are just about inflated to full size.

Mitch Haimov
06-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Another winner, Jon. Love the wing detail. Angled perch works well. The yellow spot left edge seems a bit bright, but easily remedied if you agree. Are those lighter areas behind the lower half of the stem in the original or are they retouching artifacts?

Not sure if the problem is on my end or BPN's, but I could not view the image without downloading it.

Jonathan Ashton
06-27-2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks Mitch, not too sure what's happened with the image I performed the usual routine, I will seek help. I cannot remember exactly but I think the background is pretty much as is, I suspect the pale patches are OOF daisies. I may have done a light brush with green but I doubt if I did.

Norm Dulak
06-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi Jon.

I really like this one; diagonal perch, great subject,composition, sharpness, color and background. I like the background as is. And whatever caused the viewing problem has been corrected now.

Steve Maxson
06-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi Jon. Not much left to say - these images are consistently of very high quality! I would agree with toning down the OOF yellow on the left edge - a minor point. I like how the image shows the "milky" coloration of the wings as they are expanding.