PDA

View Full Version : Another from Bolinas Ridge

Diane Miller
06-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Same specs as the previous post. We had about a minute of this light angle, and didn't have time to hang out -- the full moon was rising off to the left. But in retrospect this was much better.

Don Railton
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi Dianne
I like this one almost a much as the last even though the light streams are not as strong. I do feel however that this image would be stronger again if it was cropped from the bottom so the nearest ridge intersected with the lower LH corner.. this simply because the 'light streams' are not as strong so this crop places more emphasise on the layering of the various ridges.. very beautiful. I must go down to the airfield with my camera and see if I can get a ride in something...

DON

Diane Miller
06-27-2013, 07:28 PM
I hadn't really thought about a crop on this one, although that's usually a major priority for me -- thanks for the suggestion. I'm in agreement!

Go for it! Must be some interesting winter weather down there... Find somebody who can open a window. Report back. :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
06-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Diane, this one looks great as well. I might would not crop it from the bottom. I really do like it as it is.

Have a great weekend

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Another great shot, though I have a slight preference for the previous posting.
I agree, a crop from the bottom would be ideal.
Nothing beats epic light!

Roman Kurywczak
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I agree with Don's crop recommendation as it would accentuate the lines even more! Very nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
07-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi Diane, the diagonal is a very nice touch to this one although I to have a preference for the first post. Very nice work!

Diane Miller
07-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Sad that it takes a silly attempt at a full moon shot that is almost guaranteed to be un-spectacular, to get me out over foggy hills. Need to do that more often -- they are common here. And you never find the same thing twice.