PDA

View Full Version : Seal cub having lunch

Anette Mossbacher
06-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Cape Cross/Namibia fur seal cub having lunch. I was rolling with my body flat over that board walk. I was dirty and smelly when I left! :2eyes2:

There are so many seals you do not even know where to start. I started in the golden middle :S3:

In LR WB setting, etc. PS Mid contrast, burned a bit the highlights of the cubs behind and sharpening.

MKIV
300mm f/2.8 & 2x
ISO 640
f/11 1/640 sec
Time: 1:30pm well, I had to drive from Swakopmund there. On the way was so much to photograph, that I arrived late :S3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Rachel Hollander
06-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi Anette - a cute moment well captured. I know what you mean about so many fur seals that you don't know where to start. You did well getting a low pov. The colors and tones look good. I do still find the highlights/brighter area on the rump drawing the eye but not sure what more you can do.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Anette did you lighten the pups face?

Steve

Anette Mossbacher
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Yes Steve, just a bit. The shade only not the parts in the sun light. Is it to much ?
I used the Dark Luminosity mask for the face! Forgot to add that, now I did :eek3:

Anette Mossbacher
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Thank you very much Rachel, will give it another try for the Highlights.
have a great day :))

Ciao
Anette

Steve Kaluski
06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
To me it has, High/Shadow applied?

Morkel Erasmus
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Nice moment, and the light doesn't look too bad (presume it was overcast).
Shadows overall look balanced to me?

Anette Mossbacher
06-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks a lot Morkel. It was a foggy morning, when I have arrived at Cape Cross the sun just started to get through a bit.
Shadows, the RAW went it's way to the UK, will see what I get back tomorrow :w3

Steve Kaluski
06-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi Anette how about something like this? Looking at the IQ I think/feel it would have been better with the new 2x, or the new 300 & 2x. The ISO and the kit combination personal I feel is not quite there looking at the RAW. As the prices have dropped with you, I would look at the 1DX, it was absolutely stonking yesterday!!!! In a quandary about selling the MKIV for another 1DX. :Whoa!:

Anette Mossbacher
06-26-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi Steve,

yep I see what you mean, hope so. I do own now the 2x III. Another 1DX!! You must be loaded on your Swiss account :w3

Yes the prices have dropped, I jumped in to buy and guess what? The 2 shops which dropped the prices have been told by Canon or who knows who that they cannot drop the prices yet. Or however all that business works. The prices have been up within 48hours again to the old price!!
So I got told by both shops, that I have to pay the price they have now, the old price!!!

Andreas Liedmann
06-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Anette ,
sweet moment nicely captured.

good comp combined with typical pastell colors of an overcast day at this location. a shame that you have the rock in the BG , not much to do about, a lot of cloning work , but if not ok , too.

Like what Mr Detail has made with the tones and the separation of colors , but think the area around the pups eye look a bit flat, but possible to correct.

All in all a good one , with room for the learning curve.

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
07-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Thanks so much Andreas. The rock was not to avoid at all in this. Move a bot to the right the next rock would have come in from the left. There are many of this boulders on the beach. Thanks a lot for your feedback :bg3:

Ciao

Anette