PDA

View Full Version : Barn owl, captive.

dave v
05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
A portrait of an un-releasable Barn Owl taken at a raptor release event.

Canon XSi with a Canon 300 f2.8 lens.

http://davev.smugmug.com/photos/289830372_XFrKz-XL.jpg

Lana Hays
05-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Dave
Barn Owls are certainly a fascination of mine. I love this. The pose is stunning and the green BG just couldn't be better. Detail and sharpness are excellent. On my laptop at home it seems a bit dark.....but all images seem a tad dark. I'll check it on another monitor at school. The main reason to check the eye. They have dark eyes....hard to get detail or catchlight. When I down loaded it and lightened using the middle slider in levels I noticed a great deal of detail in the eye. This image is just beautiful. I'll hopefully have a chance of one next weekend......can hardly wait.

dave v
05-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Dave
Barn Owls are certainly a fascination of mine. I love this. The pose is stunning and the green BG just couldn't be better. Detail and sharpness are excellent. On my laptop at home it seems a bit dark.....but all images seem a tad dark. I'll check it on another monitor at school. The main reason to check the eye. They have dark eyes....hard to get detail or catchlight. When I down loaded it and lightened using the middle slider in levels I noticed a great deal of detail in the eye. This image is just beautiful. I'll hopefully have a chance of one next weekend......can hardly wait.

Thanks Lana.
On my monitor I have it light enough to see the eye, but it could be a little dark.
I hope you found your barn owl to shoot.