PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley Days

Michael Pancier
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Back in Vegas on free wi-fi. Took this image a few hours ago from Dante's View in Death Valley National Park. Only folks up there to brave the winds and cold were photographers.

I liked how the photographer here added scale to the image so I included him in the pic. I know about the lens flare. Haven't toyed with it yet. :-p

EOS 5d w/17-40L
Tiffen wide polarizer
image shot at 7mm
1/15 sec, f/18
Mode: Manual
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 200

uploaded and processed quickly on laptop.

What a view from up there at 5600 feet. Off to the tables.

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Michael,

Wish I was with you. I am liking this image as it makes me feel I am there. Even though the horizon line is at the middle, that is not bothering me. I like the bush in the lower right placement and the person as well. I would wish for the sun to but not so burned out. However, your exposure was for the ground as it should be and the sun burned. This is where HDR shines - give it a try. You should be able to clone the lens flare. Sometime just holding you hand or hat out to the right in the case of the lens gets rid of that.

Jason Hahn
01-07-2008, 06:37 AM
I want to be that photographer on the hill! Great depth and view. Although such a small part of the image, the photographer helps this image tells a story from a photographers perspective of what it means to be out there creating images.

Jason