PDA

View Full Version : My Backyard

Jeffrey Sipress
05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
There was a moment one day when these Nastertiums were perfect (to me) and the light, too. I had a half hour before work to make this image, which I used setting up my Ebony SV45U and Rodenstock 90mm lens. Made this exposure right in my own backyard with Velvia and had it drum scanned.

http://machinearts.com/fredphotos/nastershum.jpg

Lisa Gimber
05-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I love this one! :)

Lisa

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Jeffrey,
Beautiful comp and light.....I really like it overall...........and wonder if I would love it even more if the whitish spots were gone. I would be interested if you tossed that one around yourself and tried it or decided to just leave it natural.
Still, nicely done.

Jeffrey Sipress
05-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks, folks.

Roman, I've thought about that for a couple of years! I kinda like the little drops of water from the misty morning. But other times they appear to distract. So far no action taken.....

Fabs Forns
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Very well composed, elegant and as good as it gets. I like as presented :)

Robert O'Toole
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Jeffrey,

This image reminds me of home in So Cal, Nastertiums are everywhere near my home there. These plants are amazingly water repellent! After a rain the drops bead on every leaf, sometimes very large drops!

I really like the image, WB, sharpness details and the nice soft light are all right on!

Robert

John Cooper
05-07-2008, 03:11 AM
A good pattern shot Jeffrey with excellent exposure and detail. I like the solitary red flower placed on the ROT.

Mike Moats
05-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey Jeffrey, very nice image, as the red pops against the nice full coverage of interestring looking leaves.

Gus Cobos
05-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Jeffrey, very elegant composition and exposure... I like it the way it is...CONGRATS...keep them coming...:D