PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Flycatcher

Girish Prahalad
06-22-2013, 05:24 AM
One from a small hill station on the outskirts of Bangalore.
Made with a Canon 450D + Sigma 150-500.
Exif : F6.3, ISO 400, SS 1/1600 @ 500 mm. Handheld / Av Mode / Eval
Levels / Crop / USM / NR on BG.

Comments & critiques most welcome.

Lyle Gruby
06-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Love it, IQ is great, very nice perch, I like the OOF vegetation. Only thing, I wish for is the bird to be completely lit, the bird's right side is in shadow.

Diane Miller
06-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Very nice!! You might try some reduction in contrast, though, or at least lighten the darks a bit. Reducing contrast can lead to flatness, but the Shadows-Highlights adjustment in PS can be quite nice. Or it could be re-processed from RAW with lower contrast with a better-controlled result.

I love the BG -- the OOF leaves on the right offset the bird very nicely. If you're not opposed to manipulation, I'd be tempted to try Content-Aware Move in PS (new in CS6 if I recall) to narrow the empty space to the left of the bird.

vishaljadhav
06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Nice one Girish
Exposure on the front of the bird looks great, its always a struggle when this one sits in shade like this to get it right
IQ looks nice

Arthur Morris
06-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I do not mind the sculpted light; actually I like it. And I like parts of the BKGR but not the really dark parts.... Sharp.

Shawn Zierman
06-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Beautiful image. I enjoy the size of the subject in the frame, and the way it's lit. The background is sweet, nice visual balance with the leaves on either side of the frame. Cute little bird that reminds me of a kinglet or warbler...