Ian Cassell
06-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Canon 7D
Canon 500/4 + 1.4x

1/3200 sec f/6.3 ISO 640 Tripod/Gimbal

Viveza 2
CS6 Crop for comp and sharpening
Noiseware Pro on BG

Grrrrr ... now that I look, it needs a hair of CCW ...

gail bisson
06-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi Ian,
You have captured a wonderful moment.
Lovely light and great drinking pose.
Is this a big crop? If it is then that explains the coarse details on the chick but if this is not a crop greater than 40% ie. 60% FF then you are doing something wonky in PP. Would love to see the original so I can play with it because this is a shot that is worth some more work.
I would also do more NR on the BG. Another thought- was this underexposed?
Gail

Ian Cassell
06-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Gail, thanks for commenting and I will go back when I'm at home and take some looks. I don't think it's underexposed, but need to go back and look at the histogram. It was cropped but, if I recall correctly, not a huge amount. What do you mean by 'coarse details'?

Gary Esman
06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Ian, sweet shot. Believe it is the first of the kind for me. Love the eye and the fluffy feathers. Agree with you on the CCW. I might run NR on the background and a slight crop from the top. Certainly a very nice image.

Gary.

vishaljadhav
06-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Nice image Ian
The colours look nice and the exposure looks good to me on my monitor
I suppose the chick got a bit wet making those feathers under look different when they are sharpened

I agree with the CCW rotation, also withGary for the BG noise reduction, i find this pic really misses the full reflection the version i see if more of reflection and less of top blank space in case you have a version like that i would be thrilled to see it, will take it over the top IMO

Lyle Gruby
06-22-2013, 10:25 AM
This must have been a great experience to be this close to a chick. Agree on the NR, I also think a lower angle could have improved the image.

Karl Egressy
06-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Nice drinking pose and nicely coloured water, Ian.