PDA

View Full Version : Pensacola Beach

Hazel Grant
06-20-2013, 08:35 PM
A beautiful day on the Pensacola Beach. Thought these elements defined some of the beach fun...sunbathing, volleyball, sand and parasailing. Most of my trip was rained on, so this was a special sunny day. 1/800, 5.2, iso 125

Morkel Erasmus
06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Hazel, I appreciate what you were going for, but it's not really coming together for me.
The composition needs to be "cleaner" with fewer intersection of the elements, and the light/time of day made this turn out rather flat.
I hope it makes sense?

Hazel Grant
06-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks for your comments. I think I get what you say about flot, but time of day, I had no control over, given our schedule. Not an excuse, just a reality. At the same time, being on the beach in the hot sun is part of the reality of Pensacola. I really want to understand your comment re the elements because I want to learn....are you saying there are too many elements in the photo? or that they are not intersecting at the right angles?

Andrew McLachlan
07-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Hazel, I agree with Morkel's critique. For me perhaps the image would work better if you had chosen a perspective whereby the folks laying on the beach and the lounges did not merge with the posts or palm trees.

Morkel Erasmus
07-26-2013, 02:09 AM
Andrew said it well, Hazel...
:t3