PDA

View Full Version : Four spot chaser No 2

Jonathan Ashton
06-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 + 0.66 1 sec f16 No fill in flash on this one, I took the image from a slightly different position and angle.
I was so exited about the first image I forgot to say what it was - a Four spot chaser. This image was taken about 5 min after the first one I posted, it makes me wonder how it managed to fit in the case in the first place! Note the small crumpled wings, in subsequent images you will see they become gradually pumped up.
All comments welcome.

Diane Miller
06-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Amazing -- both the shot and the nature story. Looking forward to the sequel!

christopher galeski
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Excellent image Jonathan,sharp with nice details.

Mitch Haimov
06-21-2013, 08:31 AM
I crafted a poignant, insightful response to this post last night, but it appears to have disappeared into a black hole. ;) So here's a quick recap before I head off to work:

Excellent work, Jon! The detail and sharpness really draw me in. And a very cool moment. Of the two images you've posted in this series so far, I prefer the first both because it captures an even more special moment and because of the beautiful soft light. Look forward to future posts.

Steve Maxson
06-21-2013, 02:17 PM
A spectacular image, Jon! The light, comp, sharpness, and background are all right on the money! You've got the makings for a very compelling natural history sequence here! :cheers: