PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Kingbird.

Daniel Cadieux
06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Another image taken from the car, but this time with overcast/rainy conditions I did not have to worry about light direction and was able to position my vehicle "normally" along the side of the road:S3:. The rain got the head wet enough to "part" the hairdo right along where the rarely seen red patch is hidden...how lucky is that to see on a relaxed kingbird! Once again some pishing was required to get the proper head angle.

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4 TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld (lens resting on window opening, original vertical just about FF, NR on BG, darkened pupil, lightened iris, lightened the white throat (dodge tool). I may process a version without the bit of leaves in lower right corner just to see if it improves things or not.

Troy Lim
06-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Well captured, love the droplets. All the elements just balance well in the frame.

PhilCook
06-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Nice over the shoulder look Daniel, nice light and droplets work in well, might crop a tad more from the top.....or not

Satish Ranadive
06-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Excellent image and beautiful pose,Daniel Sir.
Love the details,red feathers,perch and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

David Salem
06-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Your getting some nice stuff out of the car lately,something I can relate to. I like the overall feel to this one. Great HA and I like the laxed pose. Solid techs and details. Cant say I have ever seen the red on the head of one of these. Well done Daniel.

Shawn Zierman
06-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Brilliant. Great visual balance, with the elements/subject creating a very strong vertical composition.
The red crown visible is down right cool, especially as you noted, because the bird is relaxed, and not
riding the back of red tail hawk or something like that...I enjoy the weather, light quality, and saturation
here as well.

Brian Steele-Drew
06-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Lovely pastel greens BG. Great HA with good eye contact [always difficult with a dark eye on a dark head]. Yes I would be tempted to clone out those leaves on the left. Water droplets add mood to the shot. Dan what kind of bird is the Eastern Kingbird?, I see it's got a slightly hooked bill.

jack williamson
06-20-2013, 07:22 AM
The IQ is really very good, the lookback and comp are great. I have not seen the red patch on the head before.

Jack

Girish Prahalad
06-20-2013, 08:17 AM
beautiful image! everything gels so well in the frame.

Manjeet & Yograj Jadeja
06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Love the pose of the bird and the lighting.
cropping a little from the top might give a better balance to the image

Karl Egressy
06-20-2013, 10:29 AM
It is amazing to see the red patch, that I did not even knew exist. Greta shot, Daniel.

gail bisson
06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
This shot is great.
Love the way the leaves frame the bird and your comp.
The fact that you got the red crown is amazing. No nits from me on this one!
Gail

Cheryl Arena Molennor
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
You got so lucky with that setup as it almost looks like one its so perfect. I really like the bamboo and the detail on the bird as well as the head turn.

Daniel Cadieux
06-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Dan what kind of bird is the Eastern Kingbird?, I see it's got a slightly hooked bill.

Thanks everyone!!

Brian, good observation about the bil. The Eastern Kingbird is part of the flycatcher family...

Bill Dix
06-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Great perch, terrific look-back in response to your pishing. I never knew about that red patch. Thanks for sharing.