PDA

View Full Version : Red Hartebeest ,Karoo

peter delaney
06-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Taken a while back,decided to play around with it today as it has been awhile since I have edited some colour images.

Nikon D3 200-400mm 1/640 f9 iso 1600

Jamie Douglas
06-19-2013, 10:47 PM
That is quite the topography Peter and you got lucky with the line of hartebeest. I think the tonal range and contrast is very similar to your B&W work and works well here, though I would go into the selective colour and reduce the magenta and also look at reducing the level of black in the blues to tone down the sky a fraction.

Just my thoughts.

Nice work buddy

Jamie

Anette Mossbacher
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi Peter,

nice one to get them all in a line :S3: I like the Landscape within the image very well, as well agree with Jamie. Might would tone down a bit the magenta, but you are the one doing this image. You have to like it :bg3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Steve Kaluski
06-21-2013, 03:36 AM
Hi Peter, I see you are building on your statement about not wishing to do a 'straight' portrayal of your wildlife subjects. :S3:

I do like the overall composition, crop and strong colours. It certainly has an illustrative, airbrushed look & feel, where there is just shapes, colours & tone with minimal detail, letting the viewer do the work and interpretation, almost a 50's hint perhaps?

Not sure if this can be 'critiqued', but certainly puts a spin on an image????? :Whoa!:

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I like the scene, light and depth (Mountain Zebra National Park?)
Peter, what were your thoughts here? It looks very smooth overall for me (as Steve noted) - knowing you it was probably intentional?

edwardselfe
06-29-2013, 08:43 AM
This is very interesting. Not really my kind of image, but I like what you've done with it; looks more like a painting. I would also adjust magentas but I really like the composition. Clearly you are more used to working in B&W (?) but this would be a winner in monochrome.
Ed