PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel-1st Image with my new 5DIII

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Dear all,
I would like to thank Steve & Rachel for helping me out for deciding on the 5DIII. I swapped one of my two 7D cameras for the new 5DIII and boy, the IQ of this camera and AF just blew me away. I was debating between the 6D and the 5DIII for a while but I found hardly anyone using the 6D for birds and wildlife. I am VERY happy with my new Camera!'
1/640
ISO 400
f/5.6
500II+1.4X TC III, hand held
5D III
Thanks everyone.
Regards,
Sanjeev

Steve Kaluski
06-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Sanjeev, so you took the step, good for you. A little different from the 7D and I trust you are enjoying it more. Unfortunately being FF you need to slightly change how you shoot, but the end results should be far better, especially in low light/higher ISO situations. If I still have it, I will send you something re the 5D.

Regarding the image, I like the angle and the fact the subject is flat out and you have a nice texture/interesting tone with the bark. I would add an Luminosity adjustment layer over and set the % to help on the brighter highlights and apply a mask. Also darken the bottom LH corner to blend in with the darker green. Get the practice in for when you go to Africa.

For future images I would suggest looking at decreasing in size & opacity your ©, it's a tad big and can be a little distracting. :S3:

TFS
Steve

PS I do feel sorry for your wife as I did warn you, this is a 'growing' and at times, expensive hobby. :w3

Rachel Hollander
06-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Sanjeev - congrats on the new camera. Steve has made some excellent suggestions. One additional item is that it looks slightly oversharpened to me. With the 5D3 I typically need to use less sharpening than I do with the 7D.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
06-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Enjoy your new camera Sanjeev! And hopefully many more lovely images like this one, for us all to enjoy!!!

Kind regards,

Nancy Bell
06-19-2013, 03:47 PM
I too, have purchased the 5DIII and love it! Very nice pose with the head tilted up and showing the 3 stripes on the back. The featureless green bkgd is a great contrast to the brighter squirrel.

Jamie Douglas
06-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Congrats on the new body Sanjeev and some good advice above. Controlling the highlights will take this up a notch.

Jamie

Anette Mossbacher
06-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Sanjeev,

congrats on your new camera :bg3:
I agree with Rachel with a bit over sharpened the image. Steve gave you as well great suggestions.
Have much fun with the new camera :w3

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Congrats on the new toy! :5
I like the comp and detail here...would just tone down overall highlights (especially whites)?

Brendon Cremer
06-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Great Image very well captured, love the colours and the comp, agree on just toning down some of the whites and highlights.