PDA

View Full Version : Common toad and slug

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro, tripod ISO 800 +1.0, 1/13 sec f16
This little guy was in the back garden, I was really interested in his colours, I have another image of an adlult toad and it looks quite different.
All C&C welcome.

thijs broekkamp
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Nice one, very nice soft lightening and good bg. Not sure about the slug, kind of distracting i think

Steve Maxson
06-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi Jon. Yup, interesting colors - the ones I usually see over here are pretty drab. The toad is posing nicely (though I might wish that its rear foot was down flat) in good light and against a nice background. Good sharpness over most of the toad (you might try a little extra sharpening in the area between the eye and the jaw line as it looks just a bit soft - though maybe the skin is just smoother there?). Like Thijs, I'm not sure that the slug is adding anything here as it is looking mostly like a blob. Now, if the slug had its eyes extended and was crawling toward the toad - then you'd have something special! :S3: Nicely done, overall!

vishaljadhav
06-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Great to have a image like this where there are 2 of individuals who are least photographed
We have a few toads in India however i always give them a ignore when i am out, looking at this i may try it the next time around
i love the image set up against a nice BG, you can sharpen the toad a tad bit more i guess

shane shacaluga
06-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Colours on the toad are super! In two minds about the slug but it does not put me off the image. Its how it happened. Do you know if the slug was the toads breakfast?

IMO i would have liked a bit more DOF to get the full back and the inner front leg in focus. The aperture is pretty small already so maybe an option was to get a bit further back but its only a minor issue

Thanks for sharing ;)

Stu Bowie
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi Jon, great angle of capture here, and you have brought out the detail and colours so well. Interesting detail and colour to the eye.

Norm Dulak
06-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi Jon.

Great subject, color, sharpness, composition and background. For me, the slug also adds interest.

Norm