PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Wagtail: Preening.

Satish Ranadive
06-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Image was created in the month of March, 2013.Cropped for composition and sharpened.

ISO: 400, 1/800 @ F: 5.6.Spot metering. Exposure Bias: +0.3.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Satish Ranadive
06-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry, I forgot to remove yellow color cast.Here is the re post.

Satish.

Marina Scarr
06-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Talk about long fingernails....OMG!!! Great job correcting the yellow cast. I am not familiar with this bird, but I am guessing that you also have a slight magenta cast based upon what I just saw in PS. Nice look back pose. Would probably crop this to place the bird a little farther to the right of the frame.

Arthur Morris
06-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I'd prefer something between the two as far as the YELLOWs go. And yes to too centered. Sharp. EXP good. Nice bird and pose. Good head angle. But it screams to be on the left frame-edge looking back....

Stu Bowie
06-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Satish, good look back pose, and love the sharp feather detail. With regards to removing the yellow cast, I would have only removed it on the perch. The BG and wagtail look fine in the OP, and if you still wanted to remove some, I would maybe desaturate the yellows by only around 6 points.

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Lovely shot Satich - great pose. I only noticed the strong yellows after looking at the repost, the bird doesn't look too far off correct to me maybe just a little too much yellow. Regards composition I would either flip the image and place the bird on the left looking right or vice versa. A really fine image - well done!

dankearl
06-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I agree about the crop, Satish.
Beautiful light (I do wish the head shadow was not as dark), but moving the bird to the right
Would look nice for me.
IQ is very good.

David Salem
06-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Satish, I think somewhere in between concerning the yellows would be good. Nice pose, exposure and detail. Well Done.

Robert Holguin
06-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Excellent shot.
I really like the pose.
The background is just lovely, nice light, and excellent feather detail.
Very well done.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-18-2013, 02:53 AM
Well done Satish, I agree with Arties comments on moving the bird away from center. I'd prefer something in between the OP and RP.

Shawn Zierman
06-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Beautiful bird, solid details, pleasant background, nice eye level presentation. I like the pose too, but also I agree with others regarding some tweaking to maximize the negative space.

christopher galeski
06-18-2013, 04:54 AM
very nice Satish,agree withStuarts comments.

Daniel Cadieux
06-18-2013, 08:35 AM
I like the size of the bird in the frame therefore rather than cropping even more I'd have pointed my lens more towards the left (or re-cropping to make it seem that way). I too would prefer somewhere between the two versions as far colours go. Beautiful background, and I like how the subject is standing atop the perch!