PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Sandpiper

Janet Heintz
06-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I was drawn to this bird by listening to it call from a nearby marsh.
Found him perched on this little mud hill. I liked the way the light was hitting in the late afternoon.
All Comments Always Welcome
Janet

Canon 7D
100-400IS Lens
ISO 320
1/1600 @f5.6

Jack Breakfast
06-16-2013, 01:51 PM
And who who who is that ghostly little off-color sparrow or chicklet in the bottom right? Amazing! What? It looks ghostly? Tell me more, would you?

Joe Senzatimore
06-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Fine setting , BG and exposure as well as a great pose. I might take a bit off the bottom. Just my taste.

Daniel Cadieux
06-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Awesome that you got this species on a mound of some sort as they sure do love the ground being a shorebird. I do wish the twif poking its butt was not there, as well as the grey rock near that. Otherwise I like the setting.

That little ghostly bird got my attention too...looks like Janet's logo.

Stu Bowie
06-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Janet, I like the high perching, and great that he is posed against a clear BG. Another vote for a little off the bottom.

Shawn Zierman
06-17-2013, 01:14 AM
I like the mound...unique for the species, compared to what I'm used to seeing anyway. I wonder if you
could have achieved a lower shooting angle here to really stretch the background out? I also wonder if
you could have moved slightly to your right to have the mound cover the bright rock to the bird's left?
I like the grasses on the right hand side. Hope the little white crowned sparrow was not discovered by
the giant spotted sandpiper...:) Looks perfectly snack size.

Janet Heintz
06-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Thank you all for your comments, Yes Daniel the little bird in the corner is my logo. I guess I should have used the white version. It probably would have shown up better.