PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Pennant, male

Allen Sparks
06-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Canon 7D, 300 f4 IS, 1.4x TC II, tripod/cable release (mirror lockup)...ISO 400, f16, 1/200s... Jonathan, I took your advice and tried a tripod for these dragonflies. Given I shoot when they are more active though (and on high perches) the wind is more active too and that may have offset some benefits of the tripod.

Diane Miller
06-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I LOVE the pose, sharpness and colors here! Not easy to get these 3D subjects sharp.

OvidiuCavasdan
06-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Pose, sharpness and colors are very nice. You got plenty of dof and even the perch colour match the dragonfly colour, also perfect BG. Congrats!

Mitch Haimov
06-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Excellent work, Allen. Unified color scheme works very well, superb sharpness, lovely BG. Composition is strong, although it would be nice for the seed head not to be cut off--looks like we may be near the bottom. If that is indeed the case, would have liked to see the entire head plus a little stem. I would be proud if this were my image. How do you convince these guys to stay in one place while you set up the tripod?

Jerry van Dijk
06-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow, Allen, your dragonfly images still keep getting better and better (and I didn't think that was possible 2 images ago already :S3:). Sharpness, light and BG are over the top on this one. One or two stops down may have gotten the wing tips pointing away from us within your DOF.

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Allen I looked at the image before I read your notes and the first thing I said to myself was, "boy that looks sharp!" Great pose super techs and the perch and background could not be better - a feast for the eye!

thijs broekkamp
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Very nice pose! Great bg and overall sharpness. Look like it could use some more details (especially around the head)

Steve Maxson
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi Allen. You're really on a roll with these dragonfly images! I can't add anything to the positive comments that have already been made above. This is another outstanding image! :cheers:

vishaljadhav
06-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Lovely one Allen
i love the way its composed, great details and a classic BG